Education Deans for Justice and Equity (EDJE)
August 2018 Meeting Information
(scroll down to register)
University of Colorado Boulder
8-9 August 2018
All members of EDJE (http://www.educationdeans.org) are invited to our next general meeting, scheduled for August 8-9, 2018. A very big thank you to our host, the School of Education at the University of Colorado Boulder! See below for the tentative agenda, list of registrants, registration information, hotel information, airport shuttle information, and the online registration form.
TENTATIVE MEETING AGENDA: The framework that we have been developing over the past year will be presented in its completed form, and we will spend the entire meeting discussing how to implement this new tool in our institutions in 2018-19. The tool is intended to support colleges, schools, and departments of education in assessing ways that our institutions can be complicit with various legacies of inequity and injustice, and then strategizing ways to lead our institutions to more comprehensively advance equity and justice. We will begin the morning of August 8, and end by noon on August 9.
WHO IS COMING: This list will be updated as registration fills:
- California State University Los Angeles: Cheryl Ney, Dean; Kimberly Persiani, Division Chair; ADee Williams, Associate Division Chair
- Chapman University: Margaret Grogan, Dean
- Edgewood College: Jesslyn Hollar, Assistant Professor
- Metropolitan State University of Denver: Elizabeth Hinde, Dean; Robert Nava, Associate Dean
- Metropolitan State University (MN): Rene Antrop-Gonzalez, Dean
- Miami University of Ohio: Michael Dantley, Dean; Brian Schultz, Department Chair; Denise Taliaferro Baszile, Associate Dean
- North Carolina State University: Mary Danowitz, Dean
- Ohio State University: Don Pope-Davis, Dean
- Regis University: Heidi Barker, Associate Dean
- Rhodes College: Natalie Person, Chair
- Seattle University: Deanna Sands, Dean; Charisse Cowan Pitre, Professor
- Seton Hall University: Maureen Gillette, Dean
- Southeast Missouri State University: Diana Rogers-Adkinson, Dean; Daryl Fridley, Associate Dean; Melissa Odegard-Koester, Associate Professor
- SUNY Geneseo: Anjoo Sikka, Dean
- University of Colorado Boulder: Kathy Schultz, Dean; Liz Meyer, Associate Dean
- University of South Carolina: Jon Pedersen, Dean; Thomas Hodges, Associate Dean; Collin Webster, Associate Dean
- University of Wisconsin La Crosse: Marcie Wycoff-Horn, Dean
- Webster University: Thomas Cornell, Interim Dean; Brenda Fyfe, Dean Emeritus
- Meeting Organizer: Kevin Kumashiro
REGISTRATION: All EDJE members are invited and encouraged to attend and to bring 1 or 2 additional colleagues from your school/college (totaling no more than three individuals per institution). The Registration Fee is $50 per person. Registration includes lunch on August 8th. Please indicate the names, job titles, and email addresses for all registrants in the "Additional Information" section of the registration form. (Please scroll down to register.)
- Registration for One: $50.
- Registration for Two: $100.
- Registration for Three: $150.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS BY JULY 7: Participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging. Dean Schultz has arranged discounted room rates for EDJE meeting participants at the Boulder Marriott (2660 Canyon Boulevard, Boulder, CO 80302) for a special rate of $209 per night for a standard room (king bed and/or double beds available) from Aug 7 to Aug 9. This hotel is approximately one mile from the CU School of Education. Only a limited number of rooms is available, and reservations must be made by July 7th. To make your reservation, you may use this online reservation form for the group rate for CU School of Education, or call Marriott Reservations at 1(800) 228-9290 or (303) 440-8877 and reference the group rate for "CU School of Education."
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM DEN: To assist with ground transportation between the Denver airport and Boulder (with stops at both the Marriott Boulder hotel and the CU School of Education meeting location), our host has prepared this handout with information on how to make reservations for the Greenride Boulder Airport Shuttle.
Please indicate the names, job titles, and email addresses for all registrants in the “Additional Information” section of the registration form.