MEETING INFO & REGISTRATION FORM
(please register by 10/31)
Education Deans for Justice and Equity (EDJE) Meeting
8-10 December 2017
All members of EDJE (http://www.educationdeans.org) are invited to our next general meeting, scheduled for December 8-10, 2017, on the campus of Trinity Washington University in Washington, DC. Thanks to Dean Janet Stocks for hosting us!
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: The schedule-at-a-glance is below, and the more detailed schedule will be posted soon.
- 12/8 afternoon: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (workshop topics TBA; previous workshop topics include "writing for the media")
- 12/8 evening: optional dinner at a local restaurant
- 12/9 morning and afternoon: DEVELOPING OUR NEXT COLLECTIVE ACTION (see our website for previous actions, including our recent statement, "Our Children Deserve Better," signed by 200+ deans and endorsed by 17 national organizations)
- 12/9 evening: optional dinner at a local restaurant
- 12/10 morning: SHARING INITIATIVES AND STRATEGIES (we will reserve time to discuss some of the bigger questions that we grapple with in trying to lead toward social justice, as well as some of what's happening on our campuses, innovative initiatives, and lessons learned)
- 12/10 we conclude after lunch, followed by a closed meeting of the EDJE Steering Committee
REGISTRATION BY 10/31: Registration includes access to all sessions, and four meals (breakfasts and lunches on Saturday and Sunday). Please register by 10/31 so that we can ensure adequate space and food. (Scroll to the bottom of this page to register.)
- Regular Registration Rate: $200.
- Discounted Registration Rate: $100 (Individuals with limited financial resources may select this rate, which entails the same experience but at a lower cost.)
TRAVEL AND HOTEL: Participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging. For those flying in: the DC National / Reagan Airport (DCA) is about 20 minutes away, and the Dulles (IAD) and Baltimore (BWI) airports are about 45 minutes away. We have arranged a group room block with a discounted rate of $109/night at a hotel right next to the NOMA stop on the Red Line of the Metro, which is two stops from the campus (please make reservations by Nov 8th):
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
1225 First St. NE, Washington DC 20002
You can make your reservations in our room block via this website: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=DCANMGI&spec_plan=TWU&arrival=20171208&departure=20171210&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Or you can make your reservations by calling 877-782-9444 and referencing "Trinity University and EDJE"
Please make your reservations by Nov 8th in order to get this reduced group rate.